Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When You Thought I wasn't Looking

Okay to prefice this post I have to give a little backgrounds about my week. I have been having an inner struggle with myself. I have not felt very Christlike, infact I have felt pretty ungrateful, and selfish. I have been trying to get over these feelings and so that I will then be able to enjoy this Christmas time and the feelings and blessings that come with it. I felt like I was doing much better today, however there have still been some inner panics as i felt my way through the last couple days. I have been so blessed with such a sweet family. I have a great husband and two sweet boys, that constantly help me to grow and learn by their patience and love. So now I am going to share a poem, that even because I am Tim's momma has made me cry. I am so grateful for his sweet little Spirit.

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking
When You thought I wasn't looking, I saw you tell Grandma that I
got a good grade and It made me get more good grades.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed some homeless
people and I thought it was good to be kind to others.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite
breakfast just for me, and I knew little things are special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you hug me, and
kiss me good night, and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from
your face and I learned that it's OK to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared, and I
wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked- and wanted to say thanks for all the things i saw when you thought I wasn't looking.

Merry Christmas Mom!
Timothy H







Here is Tim's poem. I think I needed to feel a little child's love today. I needed to have that calm that comes from a sweet little boy. I love my family. I love Timothy and I love Steven.... I hope that I can think of this when i feel like I am failing and having my next inner struggle. For i cannot help but think of my little boys now and Smile because I am their momma and that is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment