Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Ramblings for the Day












Today is Wednesday. Hump Day as it is so eloquently called. It occured to me today as I was reading a beautifully written blog, that sometimes I am an ungrateful soul, imagine that (lol). Well I am going to try to change that up a little bit. I am not going to be that person. I am not going to wander around being whiny or feeling sorry for myself, afterall I am very grateful for my life so I am going to do something a little different today. Today in honor of the month of November, a month where we celebrate our thankfulness I am going to drop the attitude. I am going to raise my head up high and I am going to shine, well at least in my mind.
I am so happy to be me today. I am happy that I get to live in a place where I am safe, and where my children are safe. I am thankful for my husband and my children. I am thankful to have the priviledge of raising such handsome, honest boys. I am thankful for their courage. I am thankful that they face each day with a smile. That they stretch out their arms towards the sun and say,"Come On World, Give it all You got!" That is such an example to me. What an amazing husband I do have. As we get older I truly feel that I married above me. Clint is always trying to take care of others. Even when he is feeling like he is drowning in quicksand, he takes one more step or breathes a little deeper so he can bring his family to a happier place. I know that I am not an easy person to live with sometimes, but not only does he take care of me but he thinks that I am amazing. What more could a woman want.

I am so thankful for my Heavenly Fther. His presence in my life is immeasurable. If I allow myself to feel of the joys that are allotted for me how happy I truly will be. What an amazing gift I have been given. I am so very thankful for my membership that I enjoy in The Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. No matter where I am I know that my family will be well taken cafe of. It is difficult to be a military family and be away from our extended family all the time, but because I am a member of the church, I have the joys of a ward family, a family that cares where I am Sunday and everyday and misses me when i am away. I am grateful for the calling that I have in the church. being in the Primary helps me to practice patience and to feel of amazing spirits of GOds children. It amazes me to be given such an opportunity to bless their lives as well as them blessing mine.
I am grateful for a mother and a father who taught me right from wrong. I am grateful for their patient example in my life. My mother always knows when to offer advice and when to cry with me and tell me that I am loved. What an inspiring woman she truly is. How I hope to grow up to be just like her. My dad amazes me everyday. he is such a faithful honest man. He inspires me to put my face to the world and always be true to what I know is good and right, and keep moving forward. What an amazing father he is.

I am also so grateful for good friends. Good friends are the ones who always have your backs. Good friends are there in spirit even when they cannot be there in person. No matter what life brings or where life takes you, you can pick up a phone or type a few words and it is like you talked yesterday. Lives will always continue but you will always be an important part of each others lives. I am grateful for friends that can call me or stop by and they just brighten my face and my life. Yesterday one such friend came by. She brought a scrapbook practice over. I was still at a meeting. She went into the house and without being asked she started to fold my laundry. What a sweetheart she really truly is. I am so grateful to has such wonderful gracious people call me friend.



I am so grateful to live in a home that is warm and big and comfy for my family. I enjoy the love that is shared between these walls. It does not matter where my house is, home is where my family is and where true love does reside.
I am also grateful to have good vehicles. I am grateful that we can drive to and from work, church, school, wherever we might need to go in a warm car or truck. What a blessing that is in our home. I can't imagine living here in this place without it.
How truly blessed I am. This list of blessings is obviously not complete, but it is a nice start to keep me grounded and reminded. I can now get on with my day with my head held high and my face to the wind. I love being me.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel amazing!!! I love this post. You are amazing... It's so refreshing when you think of all you do have to be greatful for... Something so small as the air we breath.. Thanks for sharing <3 ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed this post! I love the stories about your family life. I love to see the same Rachel that I know so well, and a little of the new that you've grown into...you're an amazing women!

    ReplyDelete