Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Fun


I have not blogged in it seems about forever, yet I guess I have a burr or something because I feel it is time for another. So first I am going to play catch up, then present and then future.
Clint got home from his last deployment in July. We were so happy to see hime. I cannot express how hard that year apart was. It seems the more separations and deployments we go through the harder it is for our family. Nonetheless i do feel that we did a good job. We made it through that year with the least amount of bruising. We all learned so much and grew to know what love really truly is and how it will endure. Anyways enough of that. Since Clint got back in July we were able to take a month of block leave. We went out of town to the Adirondacks, which are amazing in the summer. Our favorite camping place is Adirondack Camping Village in Lake George New York. So that is where we were. We enjoyed camping, shopping swimming, water cruises, and Six Flags. What memories we made.
Summer ended quickly. Septemebr began and the boys started school. Steven who turns twelve this December went on to Middle School. This year he settled on joining the band. He is playing the tuba, and quite well i might add. The big change for him this year is the amount of homework he has each day. On average he does about four hours. Sometimes it seems undaunting to him, but of course he does it and really quite well. The other big change that will be occuring but has not yet for him is this is his last year in Primary. His birthday is the 10th of December and then he will be off to Young men's. They sure grow up fast.
Timothy also had many changes with the start of this school year. he went on to the fifth grade. Now he is one of the big kids. This is his last year at the Intermediate School, but he seems to be handling the pressure fairly well.
Clint went back to work at his current company. He did however get promoted in December, so it is better for him and for our family, even though i know he gets super tired, as he says it is just because some people are just tiring to deal with all the time. Clint is in the Elder's Quorum Presidency in our ward again, and that is also a very daunting task. With so many of the Elder's deployed Clint and the other memebres of the presidency are in charge of 216 members of the Elder's quorum and their families. Quite a task considering there is only Clint and one other man to fulfill it.
I try to keep myself busy. I moved our family off post in May of this year. I was feeling cramped in our little apartment and was ready to spread my wings and have some space. We currently are living in Philadelphia, New york. I have had lots of time to decorate and make this house a home. I also am going back to school. I am registered and if the DOD could find the records that prove that I have the educational benefits that Clint gave me I would be starting school. Hopefully it will work itself out. I am currently serving as the first counsellor in our Primary Presidency at Church. It takes up a lot of time, but those kids are so worth it. I just started a scrapbooking group. Today will be our first, well kind of second time getting together to get some beautiful memories set for history. :) My house stays pretty clean and I am a pretty fulfilled person.
Our family continues to grow in leaps and bounds. This fall we will be in our home enjoying activities such as dipping carmel apples, and making sugar cookies. Thanksgiving is coming and we will be having many friends visiting our home. Excited for that time. I like feeling so grateful for the things that I have and the feelings that our in me. Not too long and it will be Christmas. So excited for that time. Which is my absolute favorite. Does my heart good thinking about it. I love my family. I love watching Steven grow into a man. I like watching Tim being so happy. I am so very proud to be an Army wife to Clint. Life is wonderful even though at some times we are are certainly tested. I am so grateful for the trial we have been through and the blessings I now recognize because of those trials. I am grateful for the growth of my testimony. I am grateful to know who I am and where I am going. I hope that next year only gets better. Anyways that is the end of my feelings for today. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful update. I love your posts, they are always so uplifting and positive no matter what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete