Monday, November 15, 2010

Cheap Carpet or Good Vaccuum

Have you ever had one of those day when it is time to go to bed and you just feel like you got hit with a MAC truck? You just can't take anymore? Well so you know how I felt this last weekend. So here is how it went. First thing first.
It was time for Tim's parent teacher conference. I get in the van start it up and roll it out of the garage. Screeeech! The brakes seriously sound horrible. I decide as I am going to the meeting that I will not be driving the van until I have time to take it in and get the brakes fixed so for the weekend we are down to the truck. Hallaluhah!
Friday night after taking the boys to rent a video and getting a pizza i decide to do a craft. I really think crafting or painting is my therapy, but that is not the loveliness of this post so we won't go into that. I get this cute terra cotta pot snowman all made up. it is so cute. When I am done it is time to cleanup. I start with the counters and the fronts. I wipe everything down and begin sweeping. I get done cleaning the kitchen and decide to go ahead and vaccuum the rest. I put the vaccuum on bare floor setting and hit the tile. WooHoo that was easy and I was on a roll. I then decide to go ahead and do my stairs. Now I just start. Clint says something to me and I am destracted and where my vaccuum sits and where the wand is sitting out my carpet is literally missing. I now have a hole about three by four inches all the way to the wood. Oh my heck. Now before you say must be crap, I have to say my carpet is brand new put in in May and my vaccuum is only about 3 weeks old. Seriously looking at my floor is making me ill. How can this happen? Is it a good sucking vaccuum or a crappy carpet. My guess is a little of both.
So that is Friday. Saturday we wake up and head out as a family. We go to a Swimming party with our friends. Seriously fun except that this woman that I have never met in my life starts talking about a certain person being offended and all of the fixings that go along with it. Well guess what the story was about me. It was an untrue story, but non-the-less It really hurt my feelings but I kept that one right on in.
So Saturday night we go off to bed. Now Tim has had this cough for about a week and a half and so i decided Sunday morning that maybe there was something to this cough. I try unsuccessfully to get an appointment with the acute care clinic on post. That was a joke. I try to figure out the referral system for the urgent care center. That is like pulling teeth. Finally I decide that the reason we have insurance is to use it and since we are Tricare it is free for us to go to the ER. I take Tim to Samaritan Sunday morning. He is promptly checked out and I am told he has bronchitis, sinusitis and pertussis. The mother of the year award goes to me. I had no idea. In fact I kind of thought he was faking. We now have a stay out of school order til Wednesday and lots of antibiotics and meds.
I just felt drained. I just can't handle many more weekends like that. I think I need to get a new supply of ST John's Wart. Anyhow I am doing better this week but seriously that is enough. On the bright note... I still cannot get over the sucking power of my vaccuum. Wow that thing really sucked!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment